Let’s move more
Movement is the key to healthy and happy lives, where we can live, work and play to our full potential.
The truth is, most people don’t move enough. Our sedentary lifestyles and busy work schedules cause us to sit for long hours, then we go home and are exhausted, so our down time is generally carried out sitting, think watching TV or reading a book.
Another barrier is that many people find gyms intimidating and don’t know where to start. UrbanFiT understands this, which is why we have developed three ranges of outdoor exercise equipment – Euro, Trekko and Nitro – designed to be accessible and easy to use, with signs and how-to videos for each exercise.
Movement is crucial in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and exercising outdoors is the perfect solution, as it doubles your results, through the benefits of being in nature. This article in the Huff Post states these benefits as:
- Helping with mental health
- Reducing stress levels
- Better academic performance
UrbanFiT Outdoor Gyms are the perfect solution to any community space, and the perfect design can be created in collaboration with one of our helpful Project Managers.
According to Dominique Gummelt, PDH, in her blog for ACE,
“Exercise typically has three main components: cardiorespiratory, strength and flexibility exercise. Each one is part of the overall power equation to positively benefit your health and fitness; thus, it is recommended to include all three components into a regular workout regimen. However, there truly is power in all types of motion to improve your well-being and health, regardless of the type, length or intensity.”
When you combine all three elements you are helping your body reach its full potential. UrbanFiT outdoor exercise units are designed to be used together, to provide the community and users the ability to incorporate all three elements of positive exercise; cardiorespiratory, strength and flexibility.
When you are helping your body physically reach its peak, your other organs benefit, including your bran. It is well known that the more you exercise and move, the more awake, alert and healthy you are as a result.
The Australian Department of Health listed the benefits of regular physical activity for adults 18 to 64 as being able to:
- Reduce the risk of, or help manage, type 2 diabetes.
- Reduce the risk of, or help manage, cardiovascular disease (CVD).
- Maintain and/or improve blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Reduce the risk of, and assist with rehabilitation from, some cancers.
- Prevent unhealthy weight gain and assist with weight loss.
- Build strong muscles and bones.
- Create opportunities for socialising and meeting new people.
- Help to prevent and manage mental health problems.
- Help to develop and maintain overall physical and mental well-being.
UrbanFiT is a believer in moving every day, as much as possible, for a happier you and a healthier community.